Kelowna, BC, Canada
7 Cheetahs Trading builds next-generation quantitative trading algorithms. Unlike most other technology businesses, we have no customers; our main focus is on creating top-notch trading strategies and technologies. At our core, we are a team of brilliant researchers, technologists and highly analytical individuals, striving to make a difference in the world of trading. We are looking to challenge industry norms and push the limits of traditional trading and technology.
We are expanding our team and are looking for a Software Engineer to help us improve our technology and functionality and make more efficient and more profitable trading decisions.
You’re the right fit if…
- Financial markets intrigue you
- You enjoy solving complex problems
- You are looking to work collaboratively with an experienced team
- You continuously look for ways to innovate
- Machine learning excites you
- You are looking to grow your career in a fast-paced start up
- On a journey of constant and never-ending improvement
- Data-driven in all aspects of our business
- Transparent and operate with integrity
- Managing risk in our products and for our employees
- Rapidly growing and looking for the right people to build top-notch trading strategies and technologies
- Build innovative solutions to meet our company’s technical needs
- Develop and direct software system validation and testing methods
- Write documentation and technical descriptions to support our software stack
- Write automated tests including unit, integration, acceptance and algorithm backtests
- Apply mathematics and statistics to problem-solving initiatives
- You are a graduate of a Computer Science, Software Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering program
- Previous experience using Python, Postgres and C++
- Exceptional academic credentials
- Interest in trading and/or developing trading algorithms
- You enjoy learning from the markets in real-time
- Ability to work creatively and independently to solve complex problems
- Exceptional attention to detail and desire to understand issues deeply
- Understand when to spend time researching a problem on your own and when to ask for help
- Thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills and work ethic
Why Work With Us?
- Training and Development – We allocate a training budget for each team member to ensure we are striving for constant, never-ending improvement as individuals and as a team.
- Four Weeks Vacation – Right off the bat you’ll have four weeks vacation, with an opportunity for more. Work hard, play hard.
- Competitive Compensation – In addition to competitive base salaries with tons of opportunity to grow with us, we offer profit sharing, ESOP and the opportunity to invest in our lucrative algorithm.
- Startup Culture – We are a fast paced, high growth start-up where every team member plays a fundamental role to our success. Want to create an impact and work in a rapidly growing start-up? You’ve come to the right place.
How to Apply
Want to join 7 Cheetahs?
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why we should hire you. We are always looking for great people to join our awesome team.