Systems Reliability Engineer
Kelowna, BC, Canada
7 Cheetahs Trading builds next-generation quantitative trading algorithms. Our main focus is on creating top-notch trading strategies and technologies. At our core, we are a team of brilliant researchers, technologists and highly analytical individuals, striving to make a difference in the world of trading. We are looking to challenge industry norms and push the limits of traditional trading and technology.
We are expanding our team and are looking for a Systems Reliability Engineer to help us scale our systems and manage risk.
You’re the right fit if…
- Financial markets intrigue you
- You enjoy solving complex problems
- You are looking to work collaboratively with an experienced team
- You continuously look for ways to innovate
- You are looking to grow your career in a fast-paced start up
- On a journey of constant and never-ending improvement
- Data-driven in all aspects of our business
- Transparent and operate with integrity
- Managing risk in our products and for our employees
- Rapidly growing and looking for the right people to build exceptional trading strategies and technologies
- Design and implement Python unit and integration tests
- Configure and deploy Python microservices
- Configure and maintain monitoring and logging systems (Sentry, Uptime Robot)
- Configure, verify and restore Postgres backups
- Implement best practices for security and risk management
- Provide administration services for software services and on-premise infrastructure
5+ years of experience with the following:
- Developing automation tools and best practices
- On-premise infrastructure as well as cloud providers (AWS, DigitalOcean)
- Linux administration
2+ years of experience with the following:
- Bash and Python
- Working with Docker and containers
- CI/CD (Jenkins)
- Using Python virtual environment tools (virtualenv/ pyenv)
Working knowledge of:
- Networking principles and practices
- Security best practices
- Common development tools; git, Jira, Confluence, Slack etc.
Why Become a Cheetah?
- Startup Culture – We are a fast paced, high growth start-up where every team member plays a fundamental role to our success. Want to create an impact and work in a rapidly growing start-up? You’ve come to the right place.
- Competitive Compensation – In addition to competitive base salaries, we offer profit sharing and ESOP so you can grow with us.
- Four weeks vacation – Right off the bat you’ll have four weeks vacation, with an opportunity for more. Work hard, play hard.
- Training and development – We allocate a training budget for each team member to ensure we are striving for constant, never-ending improvement as individuals and as a team.
How to Apply
Want to join 7 Cheetahs?
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Email your resume to email@example.com and tell us why we should hire you.
#207-1726 Dolphin Ave