Kelowna, BC, Canada
7 Cheetahs Trading builds next-generation quantitative trading algorithms. At our core, we are a team of brilliant researchers, technologists and highly analytical individuals.
We are expanding our team and are looking for a Quantitative Researcher to help develop and grow our research efforts.
You’re the right fit if…
- Financial markets intrigue you
- You enjoy solving complex problems
- You are looking to work collaboratively with an experienced team
- You continuously look for ways to innovate
- Machine learning excites you
- You are looking to grow your career in a fast-paced start up
- On a journey of constant and never-ending improvement
- Data-driven in all aspects of our business
- Transparent and operate with integrity
- Managing risk in our products and for our employees
- Rapidly growing and looking for the right people to build top-notch trading strategies and technologies
- Build innovative solutions to meet our company’s technical and research needs
- Develop and direct software system validation and testing methods
- Apply mathematics and statistics to problem-solving initiatives
- Take part in complex software design and development with our technical team, focusing on the implications of our software design with respect to trading
- Uncover patterns and opportunities by analyzing massive datasets
- Create systematic trading strategies from idea generation, to research and prototyping, to implementation and deployment, to performance monitoring
- You are a graduate of a Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or Mechatronics Engineering program
- Previous experience using Python, Postgres and C++
- Exceptional academic credentials
- Interest in trading and/or developing trading algorithms
- You enjoy learning from the markets in real-time
- Ability to work creatively and independently to solve complex problems
- Exceptional attention to detail and desire to understand issues deeply
- Understand when to spend time researching a problem on your own and when to ask for help
- Thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills and work ethic
Why Become a Cheetah?
- Training and Development – We allocate a training budget for each team member to ensure we are striving for constant, never-ending improvement as individuals and as a team.
- Four Weeks Vacation – Right off the bat you’ll have four weeks vacation, with an opportunity for more. Work hard, play hard.
- Competitive Compensation – In addition to competitive base salaries with tons of opportunity to grow with us, we offer ESOP and profit sharing.
- Startup Culture – We are a fast paced, high growth start-up where every team member plays a fundamental role to our success. Want to create an impact and work in a rapidly growing start-up? You’ve come to the right place.
How to Apply
Want to join 7 Cheetahs?
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Email your resume to email@example.com and tell us why we should hire you. We are always looking for great people to join our awesome team.
#404-460 Doyle Ave